So here it is, the first official update.
As I said yesterday, I’m a husband, parent and full time employee combined into one! Haven’t heard that before right? Well, I’m excited about putting up content and perspectives that matter to me (and hopefully you all!). However, due to how busy I usually am, my plan is to try and post something at least once a week depending on my workload.
With that said, I have some things planned. I’m still going back and forth on what to put up first, but for right now I’m in the process of conjuring up:
- The Powerful Presence of Indie Games
- Uncharted: What Makes a Franchise Special?
- Great Heroines & Female Characters
- The Witcher III: An RPG Masterpiece Introspective
- The Original Xbox: A Gold Mine of Memorable Games
- My Top 10 Games of All Time
- …and more to come.
These will be done in the form of written articles or analyses. While they’ll certainly contain factual information, they’ll also mostly be done through my viewpoints or opinions.
Game Developer Insights
Interviews and discussions with:
- Tal Peleg: Cinematics Lead at BioWare (formerly Naughty Dog)
- Steven Oliveira: QA & Content Analyst of Respawn & EA acclaim
- Andrea Pessino: Chief Technical Officer & Co-Founder of Ready at Dawn
- Jaqub Ajmal: QA Manager at DICE
- Paul Rustchynsky: Game Director at Codemasters
- Cameron Thomas: Community Manager at Rare
- …and of course, more to come as well.
It’ll be difficult to conduct podcasts and video discussions due to time constraints, so these will also be done in written format. I’ll transcribe my chats with these lovely people and post them on the site. We’ll talk about a variety of things including their personal journeys & history into game development, favorite games, a 101 on what their work entails, and more.
These will be the toughest to get done as games take time to complete. It then requires even more time to jot down quality thoughts on each! With that mind, I’m thinking of starting off small with something like What Remains of Edith Finch and Little Nightmares.
These are just some of the things that are currently in the planning stages or being worked on. Again, please bare with me given my full schedule. If you have any suggestions or ideas of things you’d like to see, please feel free to drop me a line on the contact page or my official Twitter account: @shinobi602.